Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: Advanced Boot Camp - 1 Day (ACE)
As a business professional, you have some experience using Adobe Acrobat. Now you're ready to take further advantage of all the features of Acrobat Pro DC to bring your documents to the next level. Whether you are creating PDFs for commercial printing or for viewing digital versions on a range of platforms, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC enables you to output your content so your audience will be able to access and view the document just the way you intended.
In this course, you will use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to convert technical documents to PDF files, enhance PDF documents, create interactive PDF forms, and prepare PDF files for commercial printing.
In this course you will create and manage PDF documents.
- Customize the Acrobat Pro DC workspace.
- Create PDFs from technical documents.
- Enhance PDF documents.
- Create interactive PDF forms.
- Finalize PDF files for commercial printing.
The target students for this course are office professionals with a foundational understanding of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC who want to use the advanced productivity features and the creative features of Acrobat Pro DC.
To ensure your success in your course you should be comfortable using the basic features of Acrobat Pro DC. Additionally, you should be proficient in using the Windows 8 operating system to perform work-related computing tasks. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1.3 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1.5 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit) available hard disk space
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 × 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Adobe Photoshop CC (Optional. See the following note for an alternative solution.)
- Adobe Flash Player 21.0 (or most recent version)
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides (instructor machine only)
Lesson 1: Customizing the Acrobat Pro DC Workspace
Topic A: Customize the Toolbars
Topic B: Create Custom Tool Sets
Lesson 2: Creating PDFs from Technical Documents
Topic A: Create PDF Documents by Using Autodesk AutoCAD
Topic B: Measure Technical Drawings
Lesson 3: Enhancing PDF Documents
Topic A: Embed Multimedia
Topic B: Enhance PDF Document Accessibility
Topic C: Use Actions
Topic D: Manage the Security of PDF Documents
Lesson 4: Creating Interactive PDF Forms
Topic A: Create a PDF Form
Topic B: Compile and Manage PDF Form Data
Lesson 5: Finalizing PDF Files for Commercial Printing
Topic A: Apply Color Management Settings
Topic B: Preview Printed Effects
Topic C: Perform Preflight on a PDF Document
Topic D: Create PDF/X, PDF/A, and PDF/E Compliant Files
Topic E: Create a Composite and Color Separations
Topic F: Export a PDF Document to Other Formats