Adobe Acrobat XI Pro: Part 2 Boot Camp - 1 Day (ACE)
As a business professional, you have some experience using Adobe Acrobat. Now you're ready to take further advantage of all the features of Acrobat XI to bring your documents to the next level. Whether you are creating PDFs for commercial printing or for viewing digital versions on a range of platforms, Adobe Acrobat XI enables you to output your content so your audience will be able to access and view the document just the way you intended.
In this course, you will use Adobe Acrobat XI Pro to convert technical documents to PDF files, enhance PDF documents, create interactive PDF forms, and prepare and PDF files for commercial printing.
In this course you will create and manage PDF documents.
- Customize the Acrobat XI Pro workspace.
- Create PDFs from technical documents.
- Enhance PDF documents.
- Secure PDF Documents.
- Create interactive PDF forms.
- Finalize PDF files for commercial printing.
The target students for this course are office professionals with a foundational understanding of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro who want to use the advanced productivity features and the creative features of Acrobat XI Pro.
To ensure your success in your course you should be comfortable using the basic features of Acrobat XI Pro. Additionally, you should be proficient in using the Windows 8 operating system to perform work-related computing tasks. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Adobe Acrobat XI Pro: Part 1
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1.3 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- Adobe Photoshop CC (optional. See the following note for an alternative solution.)
- Adobe Flash Player 14.0 (or most recent version)
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
Lesson 1: Customizing the Acrobat XI Pro Workspace
Topic A: Customize the Toolbars
Topic B: Customize the Tool Sets
Lesson 2: Creating PDFs from Technical Documents
Topic A: Create PDF Documents Using Autodesk AutoCAD
Topic B: Measure Technical Drawings
Lesson 3: Enhancing PDF Documents
Topic A: Embed Multimedia
Topic B: Enhance PDF Document Accessibility
Topic C: Use Actions
Lesson 4: Securing PDF Documents
Topic A: Manage the Security of PDF Documents
Topic B: Validate PDF Documents
Lesson 5: Creating Interactive PDF Forms
Topic A: Create a PDF Form
Topic B: Compile and Manage PDF Form Data
Lesson 6: Finalizing PDF Files for Commercial Printing
Topic A: Apply Color Management Settings
Topic B: Preview Printed Effects
Topic C: Perform Preflight on a PDF Document
Topic D: Create PDF/X, PDF/A, and PDF/E Compliant Files
Topic E: Create a Composite and Color Separations