Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2017): Part 1 - 1 Day Boot Camp
Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2017) focuses on some of the basic features of Dreamweaver so that students can navigate the environment and use Dreamweaver tools to build websites. Dreamweaver is used by a variety of professionals, such as web developers, web designers, graphic designers, and other professionals; Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2017): Part 1 will focus on the tools necessary to build a functional website.
This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Dreamweaver CC exam and the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver CC exam. See the files in the Exam Mapping for Dreamweaver CC folder in the course data files for information on how the exam topics are addressed in the material.
In this course, you will create web pages and organize them into a website.
- Identify Dreamweaver uses and advantages, including new features, and manipulate the interface.
- Create a new site in Dreamweaver.
- Create and lay out a basic page and add text.
- Style text and containers with CSS.
- Insert images.
- Create and style links.
- Create tables to store data.
- Upload your site.
This course is designed for those tasked to create or maintain a website. It will also be valuable for web designers, web developers, and graphic designers who want to extend their skills in creating websites by using a visually based design tool for speed and ease of use.
To ensure your success in this course you should have basic Windows skills.
It is also required that you have a basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking courses such as HTML5: Content Authoring Fundamentals.
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student. Each computer will need the following hardware configurations or better:
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 (or compatible) processor
- At least 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM recommended
- 2.5 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
- 1,024 × 768 resolution monitor (1,280 × 800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- Internet connection and registration necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1), or 8/8.1, or 10
- Microsoft Office 2010 or higher
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2017)
NOTE: This course was created and keychecked using Windows 10.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Dreamweaver
Topic A: Navigate the Dreamweaver Interface
Topic B: Customize the Workspace
Topic C: Use Help
Lesson 2: Creating a Site
Topic A: Create a New Site
Topic B: Organize a Site into Folders
Topic C: Plan Navigation
Lesson 3: Creating a Page
Topic A: Create and Lay Out a Page
Topic B: Enter Text
Topic C: Create a Page with a Template
Lesson 4: Styling with CSS
Topic A: Create and Apply CSS Styles by Using Selectors
Topic B: Style in a More Flexible Manner with Classes
Lesson 5: Inserting Images
Topic A: Insert Image Files
Topic B: Style Images with CSS
Lesson 6: Inserting Links
Topic A: Insert Internal and External Links
Topic B: Apply Additional Link Types
Lesson 7: Displaying Data in Tables
Topic A: Create Tables for Data Display
Topic B: Modify Tables
Topic C: Style a Table
Lesson 8: Publishing Your Site
Topic A: Prepare a Site for Uploading
Topic B: Upload a Site