Adobe InDesign CS6 Part 1 - 1 Day Boot Camp
Adobe InDesign CS6: Part 1
Giving your documents a well-designed, professional look will put you a step ahead in the marketplace cluttered with all kinds of communications. Paragraph and character styles that allow you to format pages of text uniformly, layout features that help you to build alternate size configurations of your document, and various panels that enable you to easily customize both text and graphics. Adobe InDesign CS6 has all the tools you need to elevate the look of your document and get it out to the people who need to see it, whether it be in print or on the web.
This course is also designed to cover the InDesign CS6 Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe InDesign CS6 to create and deliver professional-looking printed and digital documents.
- Identify the elements of the InDesign interface.
- Create a new document.
- Customize a document by using graphics, colors, and styles.
- Manage page elements.
- Build a table.
- Prepare a document for delivery.
This course is intended for students who want to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layout and designs.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with the functions of your computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, retrieving files, and saving files. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Introduction to Personal Computers: Using Windows 7
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Adobe InDesign CS6
- Adobe Reader X (10.1.3)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1
- Artistamp Medium (TrueType)
Lesson 1: Getting Started with InDesign
Topic A: Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
Topic B: Customize the InDesign Interface
Topic C: Use the Navigation Controls
Topic D: Set Preferences
Lesson 2: Designing a Document
Topic A: Create a New Document
Topic B: Add Text to a Document
Topic C: Add Graphics to a Document
Lesson 3: Customizing a Document
Topic A: Format Characters and Paragraphs
Topic B: Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
Topic C: Create and Apply Styles
Lesson 4: Working with Page Elements
Topic A: Arrange and Align Objects
Topic B: Use Layers
Topic C: Transform and Manipulate Objects
Topic D: Thread Text Frames
Topic E: Edit Text
Lesson 5: Building Tables
Topic A: Create a New Table
Topic B: Modify a Table Structure
Topic C: Format a Table
Lesson 6: Preparing a Document for Delivery
Topic A: Resolve Errors in a Document
Topic B: Print a Document
Topic C: Package a Document
Topic D: Export Files for Printing
Topic E: Export Files for the Web