Adobe Photoshop CS6: Part 1 Boot Camp- 1 Day
Adobe Photoshop CS6: Part 1 focuses on some of the basic features of Photoshop so that the student can navigate the environment and use Photoshop tools to work with photographic images. In addition, the orientation to Adobe Bridge and organization of files in Bridge is covered. Although Photoshop is used by a variety of professionals, from photographers to designers to videographers, Photoshop Part 1 will focus mainly on the photography component. The illustration and animation techniques are covered in subsequent levels of Photoshop.
You can also use this course to prepare for the Adobe Visual Communication using Photoshop CS6 exam.
In this course, you will navigate the Photoshop CS6 workspace, identify and use Photoshop tools to enhance photographic images, and organize files in Adobe Bridge.
- Identify the basic components of the Photoshop workspace and Adobe Bridge.
- Define image size, resolution, and color modes.
- Work with selection tool and layers.
- Make image enhancements and adjustments.
- Open and modify an image in Camera Raw.
- Prepare images for print and web.
Target students include professional or amateur photographers who want to use the robust features of Photoshop to enhance, modify, and organize their photographs, and anyone interested in working toward the Adobe Visual Communications using Photoshop certification.
To ensure your success in your course, you should have a basic comfort level with digital photography. For example, you have used a digital camera and have downloaded images to your computer or other storage device.
You should also have basic computer skills and understand how to launch an application, browse to locate and open files, and can navigate to on-screen elements using a mouse or other navigational devices. You can obtain these skills by taking any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft Windows 7: Level 1
- Introduction to Personal Computers Using Windows 7
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- Intel Pentium4 or AMD Athlon64 processor
- OpenGL 2.0 capable system
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit)
- 1 GB available hard disk space for installation, and additional free space required during installation
- DVD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Minimum 1024 x 768 resolution monitor (1280 x 800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 256MB (512 recommended) of VRAM
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- A digital camera or scan disk with images for transfer to Adobe Bridge
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Standard or Extended edition
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Photoshop
Topic A: Introduction to Photoshop
Topic B: Adobe Bridge and Mini Bridge
Topic C: Navigate the Photoshop Workspace
Topic D: Customize the Photoshop Workspace
Lesson 2: Beginning with Image Basics
Topic A: Manage Image Elements and Formats
Topic B: Work with Digital Devices
Lesson 3: Managing Selections and Layers
Topic A: Use Selection Tools
Topic B: Manage Layers
Lesson 4: Making Image Adjustments
Topic A: Modify an Image
Topic B: Image Repairs
Lesson 5: Refining Images
Topic A: Layer Adjustments
Topic B: Introduction to Camera Raw
Lesson 6: Saving Images for Web and Print
Topic A: Save Images for the Web
Topic B: Save Images for Print