AWS Fundamentals Boot Camp - 1 Day
Welcome to the AWS Fundamentals course! Congratulations on choosing the finest materials available on the market today for expert-facilitated learning in any presentation modality.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Reach customers with AWS.
- Implement AWS storage and database services.
- Optimize compute and network services.
- Use AWS management tools.
- Secure an AWS deployment.
The AWS Fundamentals course is designed for technology enthusiasts who are working in IT (as an administrator, software developer, or manager), or any other interested individual who would like to learn about the core cloud services provided by AWS, such as:
- Information Technology practitioners and leaders who are new to AWS and who will be supporting or implementing AWS in their organizations.
- Business and technology leaders responsible for articulating the technical and business benefits of using AWS.
- Administrators and developers who are evaluating the use of AWS services.
You should have the following prerequisite skills before taking this class:
- Be able to navigate Windows.
- Be able to use a web browser.
- Experience logging on to, navigating, and searching a website.
- Basic end-user skills with personal productivity software such as Microsoft Office or Google Apps.
- Familiarity with networking concepts such as server, database, storage, IP subnet, load balancing, authentication, authorization.
- Some experience as an IT practitioner, manager, or leader may be helpful.
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive (if installing any software from a CD-ROM)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or later.
- Microsoft Word 2013 or later or another word processing program.
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides (instructor machine only).
- Any web browser.
NOTE: To perform the course activities, students will need to create some cloud accounts or use cloud accounts that they already have such as Google Drive.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with AWS
Topic A: AWS
Topic B: Leverage AWS in Your Business Strategy
Topic C: Work with the AWS Management Console
Lesson 2: Implementing AWS Storage and Database Services
Topic A: Configure AWS Storage
Topic B: Deploy Amazon Database Services
Lesson 3: Implementing Compute and Network Services
Topic A: Implement Elastic Cloud Compute Services
Topic B: Implement Virtual Networks
Lesson 4: Using AWS Management Tools
Topic A: Automate AWS Resource Provisioning
Topic B: Manage AWS Resources
Lesson 5: Securing an AWS Deployment
Topic A: Enforce AWS Security
Topic B: Optimize AWS Security