Customer Service (Second Edition) Boot Camp - 1 Day
As a customer service representative, you are expected to handle customer interactions in the best way possible. The expectations of both your company and your customers hinge on your ability to provide the right service in the right way. In this course, you will explore the background and techniques of customer interactions.
Providing quality customer care ensures that every single contact with your company is a positive experience. Customers can range from external consumers to internal employees in other departments. Knowing how to provide the same level of service to all customers will enrich your time spent at work by establishing positive business relationships. Recognizing crucial points throughout customer interactions increases your ability to solve problems and offer affirmative solutions. Applying this knowledge to trends in service and consumer desires allows you to contribute to the company’s bottom line and make a customer’s life a little easier.
In this course, you will explore the background and techniques of customer interactions.
- Describe the benefits of customer service, identify internal customers, identify the benefits to you of giving good customer service, and identify how you can help your company to excel.
- Identify the major trends in customer service today and the combination of criteria required for customer satisfaction.
- Identify the benefits of bringing respect, emotional support, and a personal touch to customer interactions, and apply the personal touch to customer interactions.
- Identify the six categories of face-to-face communication, the critical success factors in face-to-face communication, and the benefits of actively listening to your customers.
- Identify remote customer service communication channels and apply remote customer service best practices.
- Identify guidelines for handling unreasonable customers, explore ways to handle angry customers, and identify guidelines for handling unhelpful colleagues.
- Take action to increase the loyalty of the customers you serve. You will also identify guidelines for dealing with moments of truth, identify the benefits of customer complaints, identify the steps in the service recovery process, and analyze the moments of truth in a real-life situation.
This course is intended for customer service professionals with any level of experience who want to expand their knowledge, improve their skill set, and increase the understanding of customer benefits.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some level of work experience in any of a variety of organizational settings, and general end-user computer and Internet skills. You may wish to take either of the following courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Using Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 1 (Desktop/Office 365)
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for the instructor. The computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive (if installing any software from a CD-ROM)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access
- Microsoft Windows10
- Microsoft Office16
- Any PDF reader
Lesson 1: Understanding Customer Service
Topic A: Describe Customer Service Benefits
Topic B: Recognize the Importance of Internal Customer Service
Topic C: Identify How Customer Service Benefits You
Topic D: Excel with Customer Service
Lesson 2: Identifying How Customers Define the Success of Your Company
Topic A: Recognize Trends in Customer Service
Topic B: Identify Criteria for Customer Satisfaction
Lesson 3: Increasing Customer Satisfaction
Topic A: Identify Characteristics of the Personal Touch
Topic B: Create Lasting Positive Impressions on Your Customers
Lesson 4: Providing Face-to-Face Customer Service
Topic A: Identify Categories of Face-to-Face Contact
Topic B: Understand the Critical Success Factors in Face-to-Face Customer Service
Topic C: Identify the Characteristics of Active Listening
Lesson 5: Providing Remote Customer Service
Topic A: Identify Remote Customer Service Communication Channels
Topic B: Apply Remote Customer Service Best Practices
Lesson 6: Engaging Difficult Customers
Topic A: Serve Difficult Customers
Topic B: Manage Angry Customers
Topic C: Deal with Difficult or Unhelpful Colleagues
Lesson 7: Increasing Customer Loyalty
Topic A: Optimize Moments of Truth
Topic B: Recognize the Value of Customer Complaints
Topic C: Identify the Stages of the Service Recovery Process