Developing Android Mobile Apps for Business. Boot Camp - 3 Days
The Android OS platform has overtaken the mobile device marketplace. Android has become the dominant operating system for tablets and smartphones, not to mention myriad other gadgets such as digital picture frames, streaming TV servers, and so forth. In this course, you will learn how to develop and publish an Android app, focusing on developing business apps for tablets and smartphones that are compatible with a wide variety of Android versions and device layouts.
In this course, you will develop, test, and publish native mobile applications for the Android operating system.
- Set up an Android development environment and start developing an Android app.
- Develop an app that works well within the Android app framework and meets user expectations.
- Create an app with multiple user interface screens and features to move among them.
- Retrieve and display web data.
- Store and retrieve user preferences.
- Store and retrieve files and settings by using local storage and web services.
- Use debugging tools to trace and watch variables, and step through statements.
- Use Fragments to support flexible layouts.
- Use Resources to support internationalization and quick update of contents and styles.
- Add graphics, animation, audio, video, and media capture capabilities to your app.
- Used advanced Android features to use and provide services.
- Prepare an app for release, auditing its security and digitally signing it.
This course is intended for a programmer or web developer who is new to mobile app development in Android. The student has experience developing web or desktop applications using object-oriented programming languages and tools, but may not have experience developing mobile applications.
To ensure your success, you should have experience developing applications using an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Visual Basic, and so forth. This course focuses on Android development rather than the Java programming language, so experience or prior coursework in Java is highly recommended.
This course has been designed around the use of emulated (rather than real) Android devices, focusing on an emulated Android Level 10 smartphone and an Android Level 17 tablet (both with Google APIs installed). You may also use your own Android phone and/or tablet for the course.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Android App Development
Topic A: Overview of the Android Operating System
Topic B: Set Up the Android Programming Environment
Topic C: Develop an Android App
Lesson 2: Working with the Android App Framework
Topic A: Work within the Android Project Structure
Topic B: The Android App Life Cycle
Topic C: Design to Requirements and Expectations
Lesson 3: Creating an App with Multiple Activities
Topic A: Add Activities to an App
Topic B: Provide Navigation to Other Activities
Topic C: Add Menus and Action Bars to an App
Lesson 4: Working with Web Data
Topic A: Populate a View with Web Data
Topic B: Populate a WebView
Lesson 5: Working with User Preferences
Topic A: Implement a User Interface for Preferences
Topic B: Read User Preferences
Lesson 6: Working with Data and Storage
Topic A: Write File Data
Topic B: Read File Data
Lesson 7: Debugging and Analyzing Android Apps
Topic A: Debug an Android App
Topic B: Use Additional Android Debugging and Analysis Tools
Lesson 8: Providing Flexible Layouts
Topic A: Use Fragments to Support Flexible Layouts
Topic B: Provide Backward Support for Fragments
Topic C: Provide Support for Alternate Layouts and Orientations
Lesson 9: Using Resources
Topic A: Load App Data from Resources
Topic B: Support Alternate Languages through Resources
Topic C: Apply Themes and Styles
Lesson 10: Working with Multimedia
Topic A: Load Graphic Images
Topic B: Draw Graphics through Code
Topic C: Add Animation Effects
Topic D: Capture Multimedia
Lesson 11: Integrating with the App Ecosystem
Topic A: Access Sensors and Location Services
Topic B: Develop a Widget
Lesson 12: Finalizing an App
Topic A: Manage App Security
Topic B: Prepare an App for Release