Effective Management (Second Edition) Boot Camp - 1 Day
The business world is increasingly becoming centered around the interaction of different teams, both within and outside the organization. The success of a team within a company is often directly linked to the ability of a manager to lead and manage the team effectively. To perform the job well, the manager must understand the different roles of everyone involved on the team, and be trained in developing the capabilities of all team members and addressing issues as soon as they surface. In this course you will gain an understanding of the basic fundamentals of becoming an effective manager for your team.
Before a law student is able to begin practicing law, the student must endure years of intense studying and be familiar with many different legal precedents in order to understand how the law works. A surgeon must attend medical school for several years and have an extensive knowledge of the human body before they can begin operating on patients. Similarly, a manager must have a thorough understanding of team dynamics and the principles that make the difference between success and failure before they can effectively manage a group of people. By examining effective methods of communication, problem solving, delegation, and motivation, you can prepare yourself to be an effective manager.
In this course, you will explore the fundamental concepts of effective management.
- Determine the roles that a manager must fill on a team, and explore the key areas of personal development.
- Discover how to detect silent messages through body language and other means of nonverbal communication. You will also boost your listening skills through active listening.
- Discover the stages of team development and how to motivate your team. Also, you'll examine the need for regular team meetings and how to resolve conflict.
- Empower your workgroup through delegation and coaching, and optimize staff performance.
- Discover ways of identifying problems and determining their root cause. You'll also explore techniques to identify and implement solutions effectively.
Individuals taking this course may be business professionals who are either at the managerial level, or are interested in becoming team leaders.
There are no prerequisite skills for this course.
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive (if installing any software from a CD-ROM)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Any PDF reader
Lesson 1: Developing as a Manager
Topic A: Identify Effective Manager Roles
Topic B: Develop Personal Skills
Lesson 2: Communicating Successfully
Topic A: Communicate Without Talking
Topic B: Manage Better by Listening
Topic C: Assert to Achieve
Lesson 3: Cultivating Great Teams
Topic A: Create an Invincible Team
Topic B: Inspire Team Success
Topic C: Run Team Meetings
Topic D: Resolve Conflicts Positively
Lesson 4: Empowering Your Workgroup
Topic A: Delegate for Results
Topic B: Coach for Achievement
Topic C: Optimize Staff Performance
Lesson 5: Creating Successful Solutions to Problems
Topic A: Identify and Define the Problem
Topic B: Determine the Root Cause
Topic C: Identify a Solution
Topic D: Implement Solutions Decisively