Effective Presentations (Second Edition) Boot Camp - 1 Day
The ability to deliver presentations is vital to achieving advancement for yourself and for your ideas. Few skills in life will contribute to your success as much as presentation skills. Without a dynamic and coherent presentation, even stellar ideas can fail to convince your audience. In this course, you will learn to organize your ideas to create coherent and convincing oral presentations, while also utilizing available visual aids and using public-speaking techniques to strengthen your delivery.
In this course, you will create and deliver effective presentations, both in-person and virtually.
- Define what makes a presentation effective.
- Plan presentations.
- Design a presentation framework.
- Develop the presentation body.
- Create supporting materials.
- Prepare for your presentation.
- Deliver presentations.
- Conduct a question-and-answer session.
- Deliver group presentations and virtual presentations.
This course is designed for individuals who may need to present information effectively in a professional environment.
To ensure your success, you will need to have experience writing in a professional context and creating presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint. To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Any Microsoft Office PowerPoint course, for example Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016: Part 1 (Desktop/Office 365)
- Grammar Essentials (Second Edition)
- Effective Business Writing (Second Edition)
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive (if installing any software from a CD-ROM)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or 10
- Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016
- Any PDF reader
Lesson 1: Defining Presentation Effectiveness
Topic A: Identify Qualities of Effective Presentations
Topic B: Evaluate Yourself as a Presenter
Lesson 2: Planning Presentations
Topic A: Analyze the Audience
Topic B: Establish Your Presentation's Objectives
Lesson 3: Designing the Presentation
Topic A: Create the Presentation Structure
Topic B: Organize the Presentation Body
Topic C: Write the Conclusion First
Topic D: Write the Introduction
Lesson 4: Developing the Presentation Body
Topic A: Select Evidence
Topic B: Write the Presentation Body
Topic C: Create Visuals
Lesson 5: Creating Supporting Materials
Topic A: Create a Slide Deck
Topic B: Create Speaker Aids
Topic C: Create Audience Handouts
Lesson 6: Preparing for Your Presentation
Topic A: Rehearse the Presentation
Topic B: Plan Event Logistics
Lesson 7: Delivering Presentations
Topic A: Connect with Your Audience
Topic B: Present Powerfully
Topic C: Utilize a Slide Deck Effectively
Lesson 8: Conducting a Question-and-Answer Session
Topic A: Answer Questions
Topic B: Handle Challenging Questions
Lesson 9: Presenting in Common Business Scenarios
Topic A: Plan and Deliver a Virtual Presentation
Topic B: Plan and Deliver Group Presentations