Insightly: Essential Skills for Your Business Boot Camp - 1 Day
Having strong relationships with customers is one of the keys to a successful business. More and more companies use software tools that help them initiate, track, and improve customer relationships. A number of vendors offer web-based applications specifically designed for this purpose. However, these services tend to be geared for larger businesses—making them too expensive or too complicated for smaller companies to adopt. Insightly is designed to meet the needs of small business owners and their employees—offering a powerful, scalable solution that is affordable and easy to use.
In this course, you will use the power of Insightly to perform essential business tasks.
- Set up basic Insightly functionality.
- Create customer records.
- Work with customer records.
- Implement a workflow.
- Execute your sales process.
- Work with projects.
- Analyze CRM data.
The target students for this course are administrators and end users of the Insightly platform. Some examples of end users include employees of small businesses and staff of nonprofit organizations, in job roles such as product sales and donation solicitation, who use Insightly to perform tasks such as maintaining customer information, developing opportunities, and managing projects. Students may have a range of computer skills from novice to expert.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic end-user skills with computers and the Internet, and some experience using cloud-based applications.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft Windows 10 or Microsoft Windows 10: Transition from Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 365: Web Apps (with Skype for Business)
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 4 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive (if installing any software from a CD-ROM)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 × 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
The following software must be installed on each instructor and student computer:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016
- The latest version of Google Chrome
- The latest version of Adobe Reader
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Insightly
Topic A: Create an Insightly Account
Topic B: Access Insightly on Different Platforms
Topic C: Navigate the Insightly Web Interface
Lesson 2: Creating Customer Records
Topic A: Add Leads
Topic B: Add Organizations and Contacts
Topic C: Create Custom Fields
Topic D: Import Records
Lesson 3: Working with Customer Records
Topic A: Organize Records
Topic B: Segment Records with Custom Filters
Topic C: Act on Records
Lesson 4: Implementing a Workflow
Topic A: Manage Tasks
Topic B: Plan Events
Topic C: Manage Emails
Topic D: Build Activity Sets
Lesson 5: Executing Your Sales Process
Topic A: Create Opportunities
Topic B: Customize a Pipeline
Topic C: Develop Opportunities
Lesson 6: Working with Projects
Topic A: Create Projects
Topic B: Manage Projects
Lesson 7: Analyzing CRM Data
Topic A: Run Legacy Reports
Topic B: Build Advanced Reports