Microsoft Project 2016: Part 2 Boot Camp - 1 Day
Welcome to Microsoft Project 2016: Part 2. This course is designed to familiarize you with the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
In Microsoft Project 2016: Part 1, you learned the basic features of Microsoft Project 2016 during the planning phase of a project. Microsoft Project 2016: Part 2 covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2016 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to manage an existing Microsoft Project 2016 project plan.
- Update a project plan to reflect progress as you execute the project.
- Monitor project progress in the project plan.
- Adjust the project plan to control constraints.
- Create project reports to share a project’s status.
- Customize project settings and share customizations with other projects.
This course is designed for students with an understanding of project management concepts who are responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. Target students will be looking to acquire the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2016 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. Additionally, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project plan, and share a project plan using Microsoft Office Project 2016. The following Logical Operations courses can help you in meeting this requirement:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Training: Aligned with PMBOK Guide Fifth Edition
- Microsoft Project 2016: Part 1
You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows operating system—preferably Windows 10. The following Logical Operations courses can help you meet this requirement:
- Using Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 10 Transition from Windows 7
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive (if installing any software from a CD-ROM)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office Professional 2016
- Microsoft Project Professional 2016
- Web conferencing application for class sessions with remote students or a blend of live and remote students
Lesson 1: Executing a Project
Topic A: Enter Task Progress
Topic B: Update Task Progress with SharePoint
Topic C: Update Work
Topic D: Update Costs
Lesson 2: Monitoring Project Progress
Topic A: View Project Progress
Topic B: Add Custom Fields
Topic C: Create Custom Views
Topic D: Create a Network Diagram
Topic E: Analyze a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Controlling a Project Plan
Topic A: Edit the Task List
Topic B: Reschedule Tasks
Topic C: Update a Baseline
Lesson 4: Reporting on Progress
Topic A: Format and Share a Chart View
Topic B: View Existing Reports
Topic C: Create Custom Reports
Topic D: Create a Visual Report
Lesson 5: Customizing the Application
Topic A: Change Project Options
Topic B: Create a Project Plan Template
Topic C: Share Resources
Topic D: Link Project Plans