Microsoft Windows Server 2012: Configuring Advanced Services (Exam 70-412) Boot Camp - 5 Days
Test voucher included: YES
You have installed and administered Windows Server 2012 R2. Windows Server has many advanced settings and services such as for DNS, DHCP, domains, forests and AD RMS. By configuring these advanced settings, you can manage the network infrastructure efficiently. In this course, you will configure advanced services within Windows Server 2012 R2.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to configure advanced services.
- Configure advanced DNS services.
- Configure advanced DHCP services.
- Configure IP Address Management (IPAM).
- Configure iSCSI and iSNS.
- Configure Dynamic Access Control (DAC).
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Configure Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
- Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Configure Active Directory Federated Services (AD FS).
- Configure Failover Clustering (FoC).
- Configure Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Configure Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Implement disaster recovery.
- Configure additional services.
This course is designed for IT professionals who have System Administration experience, who can implement, manage, and maintain a Windows Server (Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2) infrastructure at the enterprise level, and who want to gain the skills and knowledge required to carry out advanced management and provisioning of services within the Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
This course is also for students who are seeking the Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) certification and who want to prepare for Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 R2 Services.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience working in a Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, or 2012 R2 enterprise environment, including the implementation, management, and configuration of Active Directory and networking infrastructures.
You should also know how to install, configure, and administer Windows Server 2012 R2. To gain this prerequisite knowledge, you can take the following courses:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2: Installation and Configuration (Exam 70-410)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2: Administration (Exam 70-411)
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need a laptop computer with the following minimum hardware configurations:
- Processor -1.4 GHz 64-bit processor capable of running Hyper-V for hosting 64-bit VMs
- Hard Disk - 500 GB or above
- RAM - 8 GB or above
- Network Adapter - compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2
- DVD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter Edition or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard or Datacenter Edition.
Lesson 1: Configuring Advanced DNS Services
Topic A: Configure DNSSEC
Topic B: Configure Socket Pool and Cache Locking
Topic C: Implement Advanced DNS Settings
Lesson 2: Configuring Advanced DHCP Services
Topic A: Configure DHCP Scopes
Topic B: Set Up DHCP Name Protection
Topic C: Configure DHCP Failover
Topic D: Assign Policy-Based Leases
Topic E: Implement DHCPv6
Lesson 3: Configuring IPAM
Topic A: Set Up IPAM
Topic B: Configure IPAM Settings
Lesson 4: Configuring iSCSI and iSNS
Topic A: Configure iSCSI
Topic B: Configure iSNS
Lesson 5: Managing DAC
Topic A: Set Up DAC
Topic B: Implement DAC
Lesson 6: Configuring Active Directory Domain Services
Topic A: Configure Forest and Domain
Topic B: Manage Sites
Topic C: Configure Trusts
Topic D: Manage Replication
Lesson 7: Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
Topic A: Install AD CS
Topic B: Administer AD CS
Topic C: Manage AD CS Certificates
Lesson 8: Configuring AD RMS
Topic A: Install AD RMS
Topic B: Manage AD RMS
Lesson 9: Managing Active Directory Federation Services
Topic A: Configure AD FS
Topic B: Manage AD FS
Lesson 10: Configuring Hyper-V Virtual Machines
Topic A: Create VM Replicas in Hyper-V
Topic B: Migrate VMs
Lesson 11: Managing NLB
Topic A: Install NLB
Topic B: Configure NLB
Lesson 12: Configuring Failover Clusters
Topic A: Configure Cluster Networking
Topic B: Configure FOC
Topic C: Configure Applications and Services in a FOC
Lesson 13: Implementing Disaster Recovery
Topic A: Configure Windows Server Backup
Topic B: Restore Windows Servers
Lesson 14: Configuring Additional Services
Topic A: Configure BranchCache
Topic B: Configure Advanced File Services
Topic C: Configure ReFS and Storage Spaces
Topic D: Set Up BitLocker