Microsoft Windows Server 2016: Identity (Exam 70-742) Boot Camp - 5 Days
Welcome to Microsoft Windows Server 2016: Identity (Exam 70-742). This course covers all the topics listed in the exam objectives for 70-742. It also contains practical information for the working network and system administrator. The successful student will become comfortable with all procedures and activities listed in this book, the Spotlights on the CHOICE website, and refer to the websites listed in the student notes throughout the content.
In this course, you will manage identity with Windows Server 2016.
- Configure Active Directory domain controllers.
- Administer Active Directory objects.
- Manage Active Directory accounts.
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Configure Group Policy.
- Administer Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers.
- Configure Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
- Configure Active Directory Federated Services (AD FS).
- Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement AD DS synchronization with Azure AD.
This course is designed for network and system administrators who administer and maintain various Windows Server services in an enterprise domain environment. Individuals should attend if they are network and system administrators or prospective network and system administrators who are responsible for administering and maintaining Windows Active Directory Services as their primary job responsibility. In addition, individuals who have some knowledge of and experience working with Windows Server Domains and who want to further develop their skills for Windows Server 2016 AD DS and other Active Directory Services will also benefit from this course.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 certification and who want to prepare for Exam 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience administering Windows Server 2016 including installing Windows Server 2016, using administrative tools, configuring system properties, and configuring networking settings. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Windows Server 2016: Install, Store, and Compute (Exam 70-740)
- Windows Server 2016: Networking (Exam 70-741)
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- A processor capable of running Hyper-V for hosting 64-bit VMs with support for SLAT processors—any Intel processor i3, i5, or i7 above 4th generation that supports SLAT
- 16 gigabytes (GB) RAM or more (32 GB recommended)
- 500 GB or above disk space on hard disk
- DVD-ROM drive (if installing any software from a DVD-ROM)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 10 graphics card (1,280 × 800 resolution monitor recommended)
- A network adapter compatible with Windows Server 2016
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard or Datacenter edition (Desktop Experience)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
Lesson 1: Configuring DCs
Topic A: Install AD DS
Topic B: Manage AD DS Roles
Lesson 2: Managing Objects in DCs
Topic A: Design an AD DS Hierarchy
Topic B: Configure User Accounts
Topic C: Maintain User Accounts
Topic D: Manage Group Accounts
Topic E: Manage Computers in a Domain
Topic F: Delegate Administrative Tasks
Lesson 3: Managing Advanced AD DS Infrastructure
Topic A: Create Managed Service Accounts
Topic B: Deploy a Read-Only Domain Controller
Topic C: Maintain Active Directory
Lesson 4: Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
Topic A: Configure Forest and Domains
Topic B: Manage Sites
Topic C: Configure Trusts
Topic D: Manage Replication Settings
Lesson 5: Implementing Group Policy
Topic A: Create GPOs
Topic B: Configure GPOs and Group Memberships
Topic C: Manage Active Directory Group Objects
Topic D: Configure Group Policy Processing
Topic E: Configure a Central Store
Lesson 6: Managing User and Computer Accounts Settings with GPOs
Topic A: Configure User Account Settings
Topic B: Configure Computer Account Settings
Topic C: Edit Computer Preferences in Group Policy
Lesson 7: Securing AD DS
Topic A: Configure Windows Server User Security
Topic B: Configure Windows Server Software Security
Lesson 8: Deploying AD CS
Topic A: Install AD CS
Topic B: Administer AD CS
Topic C: Manage AD CS Certificates
Lesson 9: Administering AD FS
Topic A: Install AD FS
Topic B: Configure AD FS
Topic C: Manage AD FS
Topic D: Implement WAP
Topic E: Configure New AD FS Settings in Windows Server 2016
Lesson 10: Administering AD RMS
Topic A: Install AD RMS
Topic B: Manage AD RMS
Lesson 11: Implementing AD DS Synchronization with Azure AD
Topic A: Manage Azure AD Domain
Topic B: Synchronize Directory with Azure AD