Salesforce.com: Sales Cloud for Sales Representatives Boot Camp - 1 Day
Building strong relationships with your customers is the key to sales success. The Salesforce CRM customer relationship management system enables you to manage your customer relationships more effectively and efficiently—resulting in greater sales to new and existing customers. This course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to use Salesforce in the real world—ultimately enabling you to meet and exceed your sales targets.
In this course, you will create and manage records in the trial version of Salesforce Sales Cloud Lightning Enterprise Edition.
- Create a basic Salesforce Sales Cloud environment and navigate the interface.
- Optimize lead qualification.
- Manage accounts and contacts.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline.
- Use Salesforce email.
- Work with reports and dashboards.
This course is designed for sales representatives who are managing their sales territories, with the goal of converting sales leads into sales opportunities and sales opportunities into closed sales. You may be selling products or services, or you may or may not be familiar with other CRM systems and may be new to Salesforce CRM.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have a basic understanding of sales processes and techniques. You should also have basic end-user skills with computers and the Internet, and some experience with using cloud-based applications. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft Windows 10 or Microsoft Windows 10: Transition from Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 365: Web Apps (with Skype for Business)
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Salesforce CRM is an online application that can run on almost any computer. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution screens are recommendedThis screen resolution is required to support all Salesforce features. Lower screen resolutions don’t always properly display features such as the Report Builder and the Page Layout Editor.
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- An operating system that can run any of the following web browsers, such as Microsoft Windows 10 or Mac OS X.
- Supported browsers for Salesforce depend on what UI is being used. To be able to present concepts for and use Lightning Experience (LE) during class, you will need to provide one of the following browsers, and you should note the specified restrictions or configuration recommendations:
There are some restrictions associated with using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10; see the Supported Browsers for Lightning Experience section of the Spring '17 Release Notes.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Support for Internet Explorer 11 and LE is retiring; see the Supported Browsers for Lightning Experience section of the Spring '17 Release Notes. For more information, see the Retirement of Support for Accessing Lightning Experience and the Salesforce1 Mobile Browser App Using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 Knowledge article in the Salesforce Help documentation.
Most recent stable version of Mozilla Firefox
Salesforce.com makes every effort to test and support the most recent version of Firefox. For configuration recommendations, see the Firefox Settings section of the Salesforce Help documentation.
Most recent stable version of Google Chrome
Google Chrome applies updates automatically. Salesforce.com makes every effort to test and support the most recent version. There are no additional configuration recommendations for Google Chrome.This course was developed and tested using Google Chrome.
Latest stable version of Google Chromium
The latest stable version of Google Chromium is supported. There are no additional configuration recommendations for Google Chromium.
Apple Safari 9.x and 10.x on Mac OS X
There are no additional configuration recommendations for Safari on OS X. However, Safari is not supported for Salesforce CRM Call Center built with CTI Toolkit versions earlier than 4.0 or for Salesforce Wave Analytics.If you use older versions of any of these browsers, the activities designed for the LE UI might not work as expected.
- Microsoft Office Excel or another electronic spreadsheet program that can open . xls files.Install this software if you want to display the printable versions of reports in the Working with Reports and Dashboards lesson.
- If necessary, a PDF viewer for opening the data files in the Managing Accounts and Contacts lesson.
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Salesforce
Topic A: Set Up a Trial Version of Salesforce Sales Cloud Enterprise Edition
Topic B: Navigate the Salesforce LE Interface
Topic C: Navigate in the Salesforce Classic Interface
Lesson 2: Optimizing Lead Qualification
Topic A: View Leads
Topic B: Manage Leads
Topic C: Work Leads
Topic D: Convert Leads
Lesson 3: Managing Accounts and Contacts
Topic A: Manage Accounts
Topic B: Manage Contacts
Lesson 4: Managing the Opportunity Pipeline
Topic A: Manage Opportunities
Topic B: Work Opportunities
Topic C: Close Opportunities
Lesson 5: Using Salesforce Email
Topic A: Use Salesforce Email in Salesforce Classic
Topic B: Use Salesforce Email in Salesforce LE
Lesson 6: Working with Reports and Dashboards
Topic A: View Reports and Dashboards
Topic B: Create and Edit Reports and Dashboards